Re: [IP] Hospitals and People With Diabetes

I was in the hospital for surgery about 5 years ago, and while there I made
sure that everyone knew that I was D.  I told them all myself, to make sure
they were aware.  I had my meter and did my own testing and they worked well
with me.  I made sure that I had my stash of smarties on hand in case of low
blood sugar (I learned this the hard way when I was in the hospital for the
birth of my daughter and I bottomed out one day).  And, I asked a lot of
questions, ie.  "what's in that IV?" etc.  While hospital care givers are
the best, they are only human and have a lot of people to care for, so I
guess I feel that you must also care for yourself and take responsibility
for your care and treatment.

Type 1 for 37 years, still hoping to be pumping soon...