From: Dianne De Mink [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 3:41 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] HA1c Scales?

Hi pumper's -
Got my HA1c back from a free screening at a hospital I rarely use- my HA1c
was 9.5% !  (Their scale however was 4.5 -5.5%)  The scale I've been using
in the past was about 6-7% or something like that.  Anyone got any info on
the various scales used?  I haven't a clue what the 9.5% means in terms of
average BG   - I had one down about 6 weeks before and it was 7.5% (my
regular doc) who says my BG's averaged 160 which is correlates with my own
ideas.  My BG's have been about the same - maybe even lower lately.
Thanks for your help.

Dianne