Re: [IP] Remembering boluses

At least SOMEONE thinks I might know something as the mother of a child of 16.  Surely not the kid!!Even worse, I have a 14 year old daughter.  Actually, puberty hasn't been that bad--he's always had an attitude :)  Fortunately (for me) he hasn't taken any huge growth spurts like many of his friends--he'll be 17 next month and is only 5'7".  Josh's number have been wacko for 12+ years...that's why I'm so anxious to see what the pump does for him. His last A1C was over 8, and that was about average.

I was just thinking last night about when he was diagnosed (seems like forever).  In the first days, everyone said to me, "gee, I could NEVER give my child a shot."  After about the 10th one of those in 24 hours, I finally lost it and replied, "If the alternative was to sit there and watch your child die, I think maybe you COULD."  Not my best moment, but I sure felt better at the time!!  I'm sure there are many out there who can relate.

Thanks for the validation, and the ear.