Re: [IP] Re: carb counts

My son Josh was diagnosed 12 years ago.  I have to tell you, counting carbs will become second nature after a while.  We went from exchanges (just another word for
carb counting in my book), to an actual carb count 2 years ago.  However, Josh still refers to amounts as "5 carbs"--meaning 5x15.

One day, when I was on him about overeating (pre-pump), he looked at me, went to the cupboard and got a measuring cup.  Sure enough, when he poured what was in his bowl into the measuring cup--EXACTLY what he was supposed to be having.  Guess who backed off after that?

I'm new to the list, so missed the first part of your posting.  It's been very interesting to me to read all the available info.  Good luck to you.

jodi larkin