Re: [IP] Pump Start-Almost/Questions

My son just went on the pump 2 weeks ago.  It's been SO wonderful.  He is really enjoying the freedom.  I am amazed at how many people's dr.'s put them on saline first.  We went right into the insulin.

At first, they had him on one rate at night, one during basketball practice, and one in the daytime.  Now, he uses 7 different rates during a 24 hr. period.  Sounds like a lot of work, but for a 16 year old, no problem--just gives him more excuses to "play" with the pump!!

It's been very interesting for me to read the postings--I just signed up yesterday.

Best of luck to you.  Get to be very good friends with your CDE--You'll be spending a lot of talk time together for a while.

Jodi Larkin
email @ redacted