[IP] ketones

YMMV, but I believe it has to be an utter lack of insulin in the body.  I
have many many times been over 400/450 with no ketones.  I have shown
ketones once in the last seven years - it happened in a matter of three
hours when I had a clogged cannula (some of the dinner bolus probably got
lost in that clog too) - I skyrocketed to 512, felt fine, but was showing
ketones.  The only thing different about that number compared to the many
other highs where I never had ketones was that I had NO NO NO NO NO insulin
versus some insulin but obviously not enough...