[IP] Snorkeling With The Pump

Richard,

I have a question regarding your recent reply to the "IP Re: Disetronic
Problems" post from 12/29/98.
I recently (1 1/2 months) started on the Disetronic.  Later this winter I'm
going to the Caribbean where I intend to spend 90% of my time snorkeling.
The problem is that I like to dive down a lot, sometime up to 30 feet, but
usually 15' range.  Is this the type of snorkeling you do with your pump or
do you stay mainly on the surface?  If you were doing some diving when the
salt water got inside, how deep do you think you were when the tappets lost
it?
 I had already assumed that the pump would have problems and talked to my
Endo about it.  I was thinking of regular during the day and back on the
pump at night, he suggested getting off the pump 7 - 10 days before I leave
and going to Ultra Lente and Humalog injections for the entire trip.  FWIW,
 the piston rod on my pump ( and the spare that came with it) looks like it
is now made out of stainless steel.

Bob Aiken
Type I Dx age 10, 1971
Pumping since 11/23/98, Disetronic Htron Plus V100
----------
> From: Richard G. Larson <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: Disetronic Problems
> Date: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 11:51 AM
>
> > Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:04:38 EST
> > From: email @ redacted
> > Subject: [IP] Disetronic Problems
> >
> > I have an HTron V100 and am having problems with the occlusion

Snip

Richard replied: