[IP] Re: Insurance approval

    My HMO denied my claim based on that very issue;moderately good control
with MDI.Igreived thier decision and brought in the experts(my endo,CDE,and
the pump trainer;not to mention a lawyer as well).Wegave them a ton of
info,studies,articles,not to mention my compliancy and active lifestyle and
proved that an insulin pump is not a"convenience item" and that will prevent
or curtail future complications.You have to be willing to fight and not back
down!!!But honestly with children and thier growth and activity,I don't see
how they could refuse.Oh and make sure you check out all applicable laws in
your state;your local ADA can help.Good luck!!!