Re: [IP] Insurance

email @ redacted wrote:
> I spoke with my new minimed rep today and she said that I would have to give
> her the extremes of my bg readings, since as of now I'm in good control. What
> are the chances that they'll make me hold off.  The only reason my A1C is so
> low is because I'm still in the honeymoon phase and caught it early. I'm
> trying to not get my hopes up but I want it so bad.

OK, but what range are you running? Thing is the A1c is NOT specific for
control, it's only an average. If you have a lot of lows balanced by highs the
A1c may look fine, but your reality is risky. So, the main tactic for this
situtation is to pose the question of whether they back PREVENTION, or only
after you have complications?

Good luck and keep pushing, don't give up even if they say no. If a 3 year
old can get 1 I'm sure you can quality!

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years, MiniMed 506 for 5