[IP] Re: Disetronic Problems

> Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:04:38 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Disetronic Problems
>
> I have an HTron V100 and am having problems with the occlusion alarm.  I have
> ahd this alarm come on in the past and it is usually a low battery or maybe a
> site that needs changing.  This time I have changed everything and it will
> work for a while, a few hours and then the alarm comes again.  I have taken
> everything out, cartridge and all and the pump and motor work fine.  Has
> anyone had this problem?  What did you do?

Shortly after I got my Disetronic pump I had a similar problem -- I even sent
the pump in for service, but was told that it checked out fine.  What I finally
decided was that the brass screw rod had gotten slightly corroded from wearing
the pump while snorkeling and getting some salt water in the cartridge
compartment (MM people:  yeah, Disetronics are _almost_ completely waterproof).
After replacing the screw rod, it worked fine.  (The reason I've delayed
answering this is that I just got back from another snorkeling trip with my
pump.)

You can also call the service people:  I've generally found them fairly helpful.

Richard G. Larson,  Professor,       Dept of Math., Stat., and Comp. Sci.
U. of Ill. at Chicago,  851 S. Morgan St, M/C 249,  Chicago IL 60607-7045
(312) 996-8616   email: email @ redacted    homepage: http://www.uic.edu/~rgl/
PGP key fingerprint:     FA 6A 8D 21 41 0D 33 E9  E4 5F 46 83 50 C1 34 09