[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #706

I don't think they will buy you a new pump. I was in the same situation as
you, and was told (by the pump rep) that they have to tell my insurance that
I already have a pump. They said that since I already have a pump, and its
still under warranty, its not medically necessary for me to get a new pump.
If the warranty has expired, they would buy a new pump.

As for a pump that "fell on the floor and broke in a few pieces", I'm not
sure they would replace it. Even if the warranty covers this, they would
probably give you the same model of pump you had.

>Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 21:16:48 -0500
>From: Dennis Cardone <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] New insurance company
>I guess if it fell on the floor and broke in a few pieces you would be
>able to get a new pump.
>Christene Ullom wrote:
>> I have been on my pump now for a few months. OK since September. My
>> insurance company then got me the pump, but would not cover my supplies.
>> switched insurance companies.  With this new company I have to go to
>> to get my supplies. Now the pump that I have, I have had it replaced
>> times, and I have been wondering something, and wanted to get some input
>> from anyone else that might have done this.
>> I figure I'm going to be with this pump for many years to come.  And I'm
>> happy with a design flaw of the pump that I have, and I have been
>> about requesting to get a new pump.   Since the new insurance company did
>> not buy the pump. I don't know if they would do anything to cover the
>> purchase of a pump. They don't know how long I have been on the pump, but
>> they do cover the supplies.  I fear this is stupid to be thinking this.
>> I should just be happy that I have a pump at all.
>> I don't know if the other pump is any better. But the other pump doesn't
>> have the type of buttons that the  one I have.
>> I have had my pump turned back in, because the buttons on the thing,
>> jumping 2 screens. They sent me a loaner pump and this has worked fine
for a
>> few weeks, And now its starting to do the same thing.  I only fear that
>> will only continue to get worse, or I'll always have to keep sending this
>> thing back in again and again. Arg. I REALLY like having my pump. But
gosh I
>> just can't make up my mind.
>> Christene Ullom

This message has been generated by MIMEsweeper and certifies that
the  message and  attachments have  been swept  for all known and
recorded computer viruses.