[IP] HI Everyone

======== Original Message ========
HI!  My name is Lara and I was diagnosed on November 9 of this year.  I am
years old.  I had the AWESOME experience of working at a camp for girls with
diabetes this past summer and was diagnosed three months later.  Weird huh??
I am actively looking into getting a pump.  I just have a few questions:
1. I am only taking about 25 units of insulin a day is that enough to be on
2. Has anyone else started on a pump this soon after being diagnosed?
3. Which pump does everyone feel is better?

I'd love to get to know everyone better and look forward to it!! Happy
======== Fwd by: Cynthia Davis ========
Welcome to the wonderful world of Diabetes!  I am not sure if your insulin
intake will warrant a pump just yet.  I had gotten up to taking about 4
shots per day before I was recommended to my doctor who then decided to make
me a candidate for the pump.  I think that the main obstacle is the
insurance companies approving the funding.  Look into it!  You never know
until you ask!