Re: [IP] Arrrrgh, again!!

Randall Winchester wrote:
> > I ALSO found out that I'm not covered under Nevada's recently passed law
> > -- yes, it mandates coverage of diabetes supplies and education, but
> > only for commercial companies -- if you're in a "self-funded" plan,
> > you're SOL, buddy!
> >
> Do you mean private insurance (you pay for it yourself) or some other type of
> insurance?

Self funded plans are insurance plans formed by large corporations and such
that don't actually rely on a separate insurrance company as such. They may be
SERVICED by an insurance company, but funds are held by the employer and
dispersed from there, rather than the insurance company.

"Good" thing claimed is that they can roll back or repeal payments if they
profit enough, at least short term, but then they have this dodge for folks
like us.....

Used to be in such with AT&T.

Ted Quick