[IP] Arrrrgh, again!!

Well, Lord Snafu has taken his toll once again:

Insurance has APPROVED pump and training, BUT they will only pay 50% of
a $150 lifetime maximum for the training. Oh, and by the way, the
training totals $3830.

How's that for spiritual insurance coverage. They're being SOOOOO nice,

So now I have to figure out how to convince my doc to prescribe the pump
(which they will cover 80%), and let me go my merry way with it -- I
have some private resources (otherwise known as friends) who are CDE,
advanced practice nurses (in Ohio, but it would STILL be TONS cheaper to
buy a plane ticket to Ohio!) PLUS lots of willing problem-solvers in
abundance right HERE.

I ALSO found out that I'm not covered under Nevada's recently passed law
-- yes, it mandates coverage of diabetes supplies and education, but
only for commercial companies -- if you're in a "self-funded" plan,
you're SOL, buddy!

Which is another reason why we need a single-payer system -- our
patchwork of insurance plans and laws are HIGHLY unfair and unequitable,
even for those who are ostensibly covered!

Sorry to rant, but I'm EXTREMELY depressed today.

Type Weird, working on adopting a pump!
mailto:email @ redacted

                      Can YOU find the ugly duckling?