Re: [IP] Disetronic Problems (occlusion without a clue)

I have had this problem usually when I insert a new cartridge and I tighten
the cap/cover on too tight. I'll get an occlusion 04 alarm. If I loosen,
slightly the cover and sometimes the tubing itself, I can eliminate this
error. Disetronic recommends that you replace the screw tappet every year. I
wonder how many people really follow this recommendation.

Good Luck,

Bill King

In a message dated 12/24/98 8:02:23 AM EST, email @ redacted writes:

<< The disk does not spin.  It is held tight so that when the shaft turns, it
 will screw in and push on the plunger.
 At 11:37 AM 12/22/98 EST, you wrote:
 >sometime I get the occlusion alrm if I have the the spinning disk part on
 >plunger (or piston if you like) too close to the top. Even though the top
 >spins too, if the disk (that travels up and down the screw part of the
 >is too close to the top when I insert the whole resivoir and piston it
 >sometimes gets spun closer to the top when I try to insert it in the pumpand
 >line it up to drop in the hole. So I always make sure it is a least 1/2 a
 >from the top. Next time you have the piston out, spin it all the way to the
 >top as far as you can and you will see how it will bind the top piece so it
 >wull not spin.