Re: [IP] HI Everyone

> HI!  My name is Lara and I was diagnosed on November 9 of this year.
>  I am 23 years old.  I had the AWESOME experience of working at a
> camp for girls with diabetes this past summer and was diagnosed
> three months later.  Weird huh?? I am actively looking into getting
> a pump.  I just have a few questions:
> 1. I am only taking about 25
> units of insulin a day is that enough to be on a pump?
You are probably still in the 'honeymoon' phase, however, many adults
use about 30 units a day, my kid uses 80. The amount of insulin you
use is not part of the criteria.

> 2. Has anyone else started on a pump this soon after being diagnosed?
Short answer: YES

> 3. Which pump does everyone feel is better?
Both pumps have their advocates. Both are fine pieces of equipment
and will fulfill the purpose for which they were designed. Which to
choose is a matter of personal preference.
It is one of those questions where the owner of 'their brand' will
give you lots of good reasons to choose that one. Check the available
service and support in your area, the features you like on each pump
and then flip a coin if you must. You will certainly be satisfied
with whichever you choose.