Re: [IP] Ouch (maybe)

In a message dated 12/22/98 1:05:07 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< It seems from experience, that if a cannula is uncomfortable, it
 is probably into muscle tissue and the site will not last. . Shallower
appears better than  deeper or 30 degrees as the directions say, particularly
for kids or
 those who are thin.

Dennis,  I know I addressed this in the private email I sent you but I think
Michael is making a particularly good point here and thought I would expand on
it.  We were having problems with Laura's UNTIL Michael suggested that we just
barely slide the needle under the skin.  Laura is very thin thus has a very
thin fat layer (gosh wish I could say the same for me) so once we started
inserting at more like a 10 or 15 degree angle it has been a huge improvement.
Not only in her comfort level but also with the quality of the site.