Re: [IP] High, then Low

Aaron wrote:
>You know, that MiniMed pump trainer comes into my life asks me
>to trust her and do what she says. Then she heartlessly leaves
>saying "call your doctor more often".
She insisted that I take 0.8 every hour
>and then everything else I tell her she writes down as if she had
>perscribed it. Well, after doing a fasting I had to discontinue her
>stupid 0.8 every hour.

Do you own a copy of the book "Pumping Insulin"?  It has all the
instructions you will need to set your own basals.  The info is for
Velosulin, but you can set the pump for Humalog by subtracting 2 hours from
the times they list.  In other words, wait for 3 hours (not 5) after you
eat and then start taking your readings.  If you don't have it, go to the
IP website page on "books" and you can order it direct from amazon.com.

Also, Michael wrote some really valuable "howto's" on setting basals and
figuring ratios for the website.

Hang in there, you'll get it sorted out.

Mary Jean