Re: [IP] Lots of insulin users

My basal rate is 1.0 with 1.1 from 3:00 AM to 6:30 am.   I use
approximately 50-60 units per day.   My average meal, which seems to
be the same amount everyone else eats,  is about an 8 unit bolus.
Seem to have 1/10 cho ratio.  If I am more active that day (have a
desk job) I will drop average meal to 7:00.  I am overweight, have
been 20-40 pounds overweight since I was born (back then they called
it "stout", I would often hear "My, ain't she fine and stout", such a
southern expression.  God, I hated it. But, here I am still stout!!
My bgs were 6.8 at last check.   I am moving toward a goal where I use
45 per day and have a bg of 6.6.   I am always amazed when someone has
a basal of .03 - and   when they use 25 units per day....Wow!   Well,
as we know, all our mileages may vary..and apparently do.
Bonnie Richardson

Bonnie Richardson
 Huntsville, AL
256-922-1512, ext 1805

>>> Christene Ullom <email @ redacted> 12/21 7:24 PM >>>
I don't think I am alone in this matter, but would like to hear from
who use a quite a bit of insulin.  I'm on a 1.7 basal rate all day
long, and
I use about 80 units a day.  I'm not a petite person by no means.
But I
hear about those using 30 or less all day. Shoot, I can reach that
amount by
noon with just my basal rate, and my 4 or 6 bolus for breakfast.
reply to me personally. Thanks
Christene Ullom
If you think you're too small to be effective,
you've never been in bed with a mosquito.
- Raymond Sharp