Re: [IP] strange bg's

Dear Julie,
These are very important dilemas you are working through. Check the meters with the control solutions that come with the pump. One of your meters are broken.
I am luckier than most people in being able to predict my BG from how I feel some of the time. I don't know if this helps because your milage may vary but just try to remember all the nuances of how you felt and what your BG was. On my last low, yesterday, I waited  until convienient to test to verify my feelings before eating. I did this because I did not expect a low. You see, my logical prediction of BG is weightier than my feeling of BG. I need a logical prediction that matches my feeling prediction before I act on an assumed BG. And it never works like a continuous BG monitor.

>>> "Julie Britt" <email @ redacted> 12/21 11:00 AM >>>
Twice this past week I have awakened in the morning with severe low bg
symptoms, only to test and find out that I was really in the 120 range.
I know this is because I have been high for a long time and my body is
used to being high, so it interprets norman bg's as a low.  The strange
thing is, today at lunchtime I tested, not because I felt low, but to
decide how much insulin to take.  I was 63.  I thought perhaps it was a
mistake, and tested again.  It read 70.  Still feeling not even slight
hunger, I decided to test on my brother's machine(we both have our own
acuchek advantage).  It showed 82.  Five minutes later, I tested again
on my machine, and it read 64.
I have 2 questions-
Why was I not feeling symptoms of a low at 70-ish when I usually feel
them at 120 or higher?  Also, I later tested at the same time on both
machines.  One read 78, the other read 97.  I know this is not a huge
difference, but I was wondering what could cause this and if anyone else
has encountered a difference in machine readings.