Re: [IP] Re: questions form a nervous newbie

>      This didn't used to be true, but it may be now.  For instance,
>      Iowa used to require prescriptions for insulin, but not for
>      syringes.  Illinois required prescriptions for syringes, but
>      not insulin (as in  most states).  Since we lived on the
>      border, it wasn't a big deal if my prescriptions ran out for
>      either.

It is a federal law and has been in place for many years.
Notwithstanding that, many phamacists routinely ask for a
prescription. Some folks need to be forcefully reminded that they are
required by federal law to dispense to a diabetic. Humalog is not
covered by the law, only 'regular' insulins and syringes.

Michael <email @ redacted>