[IP] Wine Tastings

Hi Everyone,
Being holiday time, there seems to be parties several times a
week.  Recently I have had a couple of wine and cheese parties.  I
have been fairly sucessful at getting through them and thought I
would share a few tricks for review.

I know that eveyone handles alcohol differently.  I do have any
problems with about 3 good glasses an evening.  My best trick is
lots of water!  I try and start out with a few glasses before the
evening to get a little something in my stomach.  I usually take
about 1 unit and eat a little cheese and crackers.  Then I often fill
my wine glasses only half full.  When I have had my limit of wine
for the evening, I make sure I start drinking water out of my wine
glass.  I may even switch back and forth through the evening if the
wine is getting to me.  My problem is that I always need to have
someting in my glass, and I would be in trouble if it were always
wine.  I generaly test before I leave and a few hours laters just to
make sure.  I general do not use any basal with most wine and
cheese alone is not much if any.  So far I have not needed any
corrections and have had readings of around 100 each morning.

One thing to make sure of is that your basal is set correctly.  I
would OK in the morning if I ate little or nothing for dinner.  This
makes it easier to nail your bolus amounts consistently.

Hope this helps someone,

Michael O'Hara
Galehouse Construction