Re: [IP] UpDate

> Hi Dennis,
> We also used the EMLA cream until about the last few weeks and
> recently she has stared inserting it without using the cream.  She
> says it doesnt hurt anymore without it than it did with it.

Don't forget the Ice Cube trick, it is almost as good as EMLA cream
and much faster. Put a couple of ice cubes in a baggie and hold in on
the insertion spot for about 3 minutes or so and it will very quickly
dull the sensation at the insertion site, allowing much easier
insertion of the set.

>  I have noticed one down side to pumping and that
> now if she has to take a shot for whatever reason she doesn't handle
> them nearly as well as before.
That too will change with time. As she get older, she will realize
that it will sometimes be necessary to take a shot. Lily is pretty
good about it now, but was not very happy about it a year or two ago.
She now does ONLY tummy shots, she says they hurt less than an arm or
leg and she puts an ice cube on there as well first.

What ever it takes, is OK with me.

Michael <email @ redacted>