[IP] questions form a nervous newbie

Does anyone here use Humalog insulin in their pump?  I've been using
Humalog, but I'll be starting the pump this week and read that you're
supposed to use regular.  I'm wondering if I should call the nurse for a
prescriotion of Regular?  My doc is out of town and I never get to talk
to a real person when I call the office, so I figured it would be easier
to ask for input from the list.  The pump came in the mail today.  I
noticed that you can buy all these accessories for it... I know this
sounds trivial, but I was wondering how you all wear your pumps.  They
have waist bands and thigh bands that I thought might be good for when I
don't have pockets or wear a dress or something?  But I'm not sure if
they actually work... Also, where in the world does all that tubing go?
In your pocket?  I've heard that usualy people are put on the pump with
saline for a short period, but has anyone gone directly to pumping with
insulin?  Is this safe?  I'd like to just skip the saline routine, but
don't want to be irrational and impatient.  Thanks.

Julie Britt