[IP] finally.....it's here......

Hello everyone,
First of all, let me apologize for cross-posting to 2 lists, but I need all
the help I can get.  Federal Express delivered my brand new blue Minimed
507c insulin pump this morning, along with a year's worth of supplies.  Ok,
now what?  My training sessions have yet to be set up, so now I have this
really neat new toy, and I'm not sure what the first step should be.  I'll
probably spend the afternoon looking through the literature.  What advice
can you give me about the first few days?  Do you think it's safe to start
using it without an official training session first?  I've been really
excited about this for a long time, and since the insurance authorization
took quite a while, a part of me thought I'd never really get a pump.  Now
that I have one in my hot little hands, I'm beginning to feel nervous and
anxious.  I'd appreciate all the cybersupport you can give me as I begin on
my new adventure.  Thanks in advance and e-mail me privately if you feel
posting to the list would be redundant.  Have a glorious day!
IDDM; new pumper (almost)