[IP] Low without Warning

Okay, I thought this might help Emily feel a little better about her low.
Since I started on the pump (9 months ago) I have not had any lows that I
could not take care of myself by myself -- that is until yesterday.  I
changed my set shortly before lunch and bolused for lunch, prime, etc.
(around noon) then at 2:00 p.m. I tested and I was 269.  I thought I might
have a problem with the new set but it wasn't hurting or anything so I
decided to take a high sugar bolus and bringing supplies left to take my
daughter to a 2:30 doctor's appt. figuring I would test about 3:00 and see
what was happening.  Well, after delays in the doctor's office and then
listening to everything the doctor was telling me about my daughter's new
diagnosis of asthma I realized I was getting spacy and told the doctor I
needed some thing sweet.  I was so spacy I couldn't find my dex tabs which
were in the pocket of my coat!  They tested me and I was 27.  I basically
shut the clinic down while they helped me and because of confusion then had
to have them re-explain everything to me about my daughter.  The bolus I
took for the high sugar (269) was only 3.0 units (1:50 ratio)  I should not
have gone down to 27 and being that was taken 2 hours after the lunch bolus
that humalog should not have still been working, at least not usually for
me.  Needless to say things happen without us having any control over them.
I should have tested sooner and seen that I was crashing.  However, things
happen and sometimes you just don't do what you should have done.  Hindsight
is always 20/20.  Just my .02.