[IP] Female Pumpers

Renee, thanks for the post about drops in blood sugar "the day of."  I have
never experienced this until recently, and it wasn't "the day of," but more
like "the second day of."  No matter what I did, I could not get my blood
sugar to stay up.  To make a long story short, from 5 am - 9:30 am, I ended up
taking 12 glucose tablets plus 27 carbs (for which I did not take a bolus) and
a breakfast bar (for which I took a reduced bolus).  After taking 9 glucose
tablets, my blood sugar had actually dropped from 57 to 42!  Finally, about
10:00, it started slowly climbing and made it to 90.  By 11:00, it was 100.  I
ate a lunch with lots of carbs and that seemed to stabilize me for the day.  I
have never experienced this where no matter what I do, I could not get my
blood sugar to stay up.  If I had known, I would have done a temporary basal,
but not realizing this was hormone related, I felt leary of reducing my basal
rate, especially since I expected the glucose tablets and other carbs to kick
in.  It will be interesting to see if this becomes a pattern, but just about
the time you expect a pattern because it has happened before, it seems the
"rules" change.  Thanks again.