Emily Miggins wrote:

Sorry this "report" is leading you astray. Emily. It's all been diproven
multiple times on misc.health.diabetes for several years now, and it's
really unnecessary to repeat it here. It's all hype and semi-scientific
> When the temperature of Aspartame exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol
> in
> ASPARTAME coverts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn
> causes metabolic acidosis. (Formic acid is the poison found in the sting
> of
> fire ants). The methanol toxicity mimics multiple sclerosis; thus people
> were being diagnosed with having multiple sclerosis in error. The
> multiple
> sclerosis is not a death sentence, where methanol toxicity is.

So what happens when you eat an apple and more formaldehyde is created than
they say is created by users of aspartame? Minor amounts of formadelhyde are
handled easily by the body, it's a normal result that is recognized as such
by actual authorities, unlike the authors of this.
> In the case of systemic lupus, we are finding it has become almost as
> rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi
> drinkers.

FOrtunately not true, at least not from use of aspartame or anything else
known to mankind.

Anyway, the rest of the claims made are based on the same stretching of
reality, which is why they are ignored by the government agencies that
are supposedly part of the problems.

Incidentally, I haven't used aspartame in 12 years because I am allergic to
it, but it does NOT cause every disease known to mankind.

Ted Quick