Re: misc ramblings (was ->Re: [IP] Will Not Use The Pump.

At 12:19 AM 12/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 12/9/98 2:06:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted
><< I am amazed that so many people are unwilling to accept someone's decision
> about not using a pump!!!!
>  >>
>Points well taken.  You and many others are happy and satisfied with non-pump
>therapy.  As you can tell almost everyone on the list, although it is a minute
>portion of the entire type 1 population, are "religious" about their pumps.

Actually I am using a pump..... but only for basals and choose to inject H
for bolus.....

Being "religious" about something is one thing........ BUT to use "what may
happen" to "convince" someone that their daughter made the wrong decision
is unacceptable........
>Having taken shot for 23 years and being on a pump for 15 I would never go
>back to shots since I was not able to maintain the level of control or have
>the freedom allowed by the pump.

And I for one have (personally) seen very little difference between shots
and the pump in either control or freedom.

>I respect your opinion but you are fighting a LOSING battle trying to tell
>avid pumpers that anything but a pump can allow anything near that of a pump.

I'm not fighting anything....... merely stating my opinion and

>Continued good luck.
>Good Happiness and Health, Jeff.
>38 yrs type 1, 15+ yrs pumping

Jim_S (JWS)                          (type I, pump since 08/94, dx 10/09/65)
mailto:email @ redacted