Re: [IP] Bill of Rights/ Getting UGLY AT SCHOOL~~~

This reminds me of my very, very first insulin reaction.  First week
back in school after a 10 day stay in the hospital and being diagnosed
with the big D.  I was 17 years old.  My friend found me wondering up
and down the empty halls while classes were going on.  I was crying my
head off.  I knew I needed to eat, but I COULD NOT REMEMBER THE
COMBINATION TO MY LOCKER!!!(my lunch & snacks were in my locker).
Remember I was seventeen!!  How in the heck is an 8 year old supposed to
remember a code to a combination lock to get to her meter, especially
when she was low.  I'd fight this tooth and nail!

Becky D.

> On 15 Dec 98 at 13:58, email @ redacted wrote:
> > The principal at my daughters school announced to me today that he has decided
> > that she CAN keep her meter in the classroom but ONLY under lock and key.  He
> > is not comfortable with a lock that has a key in it because she might lose it
> > and then another child could access it.  He suggested a combination lock and I
> > said "good grief she is only 8 and if if her blood sugar is in the 40 range
> > how in the world could she manage to do a combination lock?"  He said that is
> > MY problem not his and i need to take care of it but that by him conceding to
> > keep it in the classroom he is looking out for her needs but also has a great
> > concern for the liability of leaving equip like this around.

Becky Draper
Hammond, WI