Re: [IP] U 500 Insulin

-----Original Message-----
From: Maleki, Ali <email @ redacted>
To: 'email @ redacted' <email @ redacted>
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 1998 8:42 AM
Subject: [IP] U 500 Insulin

>I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with U 500 insulin.
>doctor is thinking of putting me on it (probably diluted to U 200
>concentration), because I'm currently pumping around 300 units of U 100
>Humalog a day (10 vials a month !!!).

I think that's a huge quantity of insulin.

I heard that sort of concentrate is available, intended to be used with pump
I can think of no reason you should not be able to have it.

I wonder if you need that much insulin because of insulin resistance or
because of being out of control.  Could you fill us in?

How is your overall level of control?  Are you possibly an over weight
type2?  What is your diet?  What is the algorithm you use for