Re: [IP] MM-no delivery alarm

Kasey Sikes wrote:
> Got a question...has anyone using the Sils ever tried disconnecting and
> injecting a little air into the canula to dislodge a blockage when you
> get a No Delivery alarm?  I was really tempted to do that this morning,
> but wasn't sure if it was safe to do so.

First thing is that injecting a smmall amount of air through the canula
shoudn't be dangerous in and of itself. It actually takes a fairly large
amount of air directly in a blood vessel to be dangerous. Since we don't pump
into blood vessels it won't do any great harm.

As has already been said in another reply, the air would likely only make
the blockage worse, possibly creating a dried crust on it to REALLY block
the canula. But then I wonder if injecting a small amount of saline solution
through it might not clear it? This can be bought in a sterile vial, presumably
with a prescription. Ask her doctor anyway.

Of coursse the first thing to do is to pull the base back away from the
canula a bit, often it clears minor blockages at the tip.
Ted Quick