Re: [IP] Insurance Coverage

Jack and Connie O'Brien wrote:
> What are the criteria used by insurance companies to accept or reject a
> claim for the pump and supplies?  I know this varies from company to
> company.  How about the Blues?
> Minimed needs a letter and a prescription.  What is in the letter?

MiniMed recommends you get a letter of medical necessity to prove to your
insurance company that you need better results than shots and diet alone can
provide. Basically all the doctor has to say is that your control is not as
good as it could be on the pump for a variety of reasons, such as changable
schedules and activity rates, wide swings for known or unknown reasons, or
inability to nail down a regimen that works consistently enough to ensure
long term health and lack of complications.

Ted Quick