Re: [IP] Sites wearing out

Thanks Ruth for your candid opinions based on your long years of
pumping.  I appreciate the balance you provide on experiences with the

Could you expound a bit on the site problems after years of pumping?  Is
it related to scar tissue and poor absorption of the insulin?

I've been pumping for nearly 4 months, but having a history of more than
27 years of injecting insulin, I have lots of scar tissue from those
years.  I still seem to have an easier time with absorption of "injected
insulin" in those areas compared to "pumping" in those areas.  I realize
this is related to other factors such as the length of time the infusion
site has been in.  I have taken your advice and try to "stretch" the
time I have the sites in for financial reasons.