[IP] Sites wearing out

Several of us moms with newbie pumping kids have noticed that sugars start rising in less than 3 days, and are only cured by changing sites.  All the kids are using Humalog, most are using Sils/Tenders, but a couple are using rapids. We vaguely remember posts about this problem, and hope you veterans wouldn't mind going over it again.  What do you do about this? How many of you have to change sites more often than every 3 days?  How many of you have found a Velosulin/Humalog mix works (my endo, and at least one of the others, don't support this because there isn't any "scientific evidence" that it works).  Thanks, Nancy Morgan, Jenna's mom, 9 years old and pumping for 3 months.