[IP] Meter problems

OK pumpers, here's my problem.  I run from 5-10 miles 4x/week.  I take my
trusty little FastTake meter so I can check my BG after 3 miles.  During the
100 degree summer, I had a problem twice with temperature and the meter.  The
last 2 days my meter has not read because the temp is too low.  It just got
cool here.  I run at 5:30a.m. and temp was mid-40's.  This meter problem
really irritates me.  What I need to know is does anyone have a meter out
there that is not greatly affected by temperature?  I use the accu-chek
advantage regularly, but have really enjoyed the speed and convenience of the
FastTake.  I carry it in my purse and on a belt when I run.  Am I going to
have to go back to chemstrips for that cold weather test?  Do they still take
2 minutes?  That seems like an eternity when I am use to 15 secs.
Progress is just not fast enough for me.  Forget the glucose sensor, I need
one of those Borg implants.  ellen