[IP] School Bill of Rights ~~~

I was just out on the Children w/ Diabetes website and read the School Bill of
Rights for Diabetic children.  Can someone please explain what this is?  Is it
just a suggestion of what rights Diabetic children should have access to OR is
it an actual legislative bill?

Once again Laura's school principal wants her glucometer kept in the office
"where it is safe" and we want it left in the classroom.  Obviously she will
test more often and maintain better blood sugar readings if she has easy
access to it but we are encountering some mild problems with cooperation.
Thankfully, the school nurse is behind us and I hope it is just a matter of
educating the principal.

But I am curious if anyone knows anywhere it is stated that she has the right
to keep her meter with her...

Thanks,   Sherri