Re: [IP] Precision QID problems

Just a technical correction:  It is impossible for a strip to read
anything BUT whole blood.  To actually read SERUM/PLASMA, the strip
would have to spin down all the red blood cells and test only the spun
serum.  Obviously, this is not possible.

What actually happens is that the meter uses an algorythm to adjust the
reading up by approximately 12% (the difference between whole blood and
serum glucose levels).

Incidentally, the Bayer Glucometer Elite, and the Bayer DEX also are
calibrated to report serum/plasma levels.