Re: [IP] Vaculance - new Bayer testing device?

Lee Lockwood wrote:
> Anyone here seen the Vaculance from Bayer yet?  According to the little
> info sheet that came with a new shipment of Elite strips, it:
> 1) "allows for lancing sites other than your fingers" (photo shows
> someone lancing edge of his palm!);
> 2) "unique vacuum action gentlry draws blood to skin surface;"
> 3) "small lancet gauge for less pain."  (We could all certainly do with
> less pain.)
> Price is $25.00.  Call 1-800-348-8100 to order (directly from Bayer
> Diagnostics).
> -Lee-

Got one!  You can lance the edge of your palm, the fleshy part of the
base of the thumb, the forearm, outer thighs and abdomen.  You DO NOT
want to use it on your fingers.

It's a great device for those desiring to increase the number of sites
available, or for people with calloused fingers.