Re: [IP] Silhouette question

"Goodman, Nina (NCI)" wrote:
> I've read a lot of the posts about slim pumpers using the Silhouette vs. the QR
> Softset.  I really want to switch over to Silhouettes but I'm terrified of
> messing up on the angle insertion.   Did anyone else experience this fear of the
> angled insertion, and how did you get over it?

It really isn't that hard, just a bit different. In any case, if you DO happen
angle it in too steeply and it hurts when it gets all the way in, pull it all
back out and try again. Mind you this DOES need to be decided before pulling
out just the introducer needle..... <Grin>

Anyway, the angle is best done shallower rather than deeper on basic principles.
The tip of the canula needs to be at least 1/4" to 1/2" deep and you should be
able to line up the back end (at the plastic piece) with about that far above
level plus a little to make up for curvature, then engage the needle tip in the
skin slightly to check for nerves, and slide it in. You may make mistakes every
so often, but we all know that story around here.

Also, I didn't get OVER it, I insert it sitting or standing, so I get NEXT to

Ted Quick