Fwd: [IP] Minimed service...

Well we at least have to give them credit for a prompt response to my
forwarded complaints!!

-- BEGIN included message

Thanks for your input. As always, much appreciated. I'm not personnally
familiar with the situation at home med before or after the acquisition, but
I think it would be un-fair to say that the problems are all due to
MiniMed's management. But what ever is really going on there, MiniMed's
management is aware of the situation and is working to correct the issues

At 08:38 AM 12/9/98 EST, you wrote:
>   This is one example of MANY complaints about Minimed's handling of the
>Medical division....Please pass this along to the "proper authorities"!!! I'm
>also adding my own response to this post.....
>    Bonnie:
>   Ditto your story....Home Medical was GREAT...Minimed's handling of that
>division is a far cry from what the service USED to be...I'm STILL waiting
>part of the order, for which I had to pay 20% up front, 6 weeks ago,  even
>though my family's monumental medical bills this year had us meeting our
>deductible by February!!! I am forwarding your letter to Jack Joy, the
>"webmaster" with whom I've corresponded previously.....And no, wish I DID
>a better suggestion. Does anyone order pump supplies from Fifty-50???..At
>least they give part of their profits to JDF!!! Not sure how extensive their
>pump supply offerings are though....
>   We've also used Insulin Infusion Specialties out of New Orleans, but our
>first 5 or 6 orders were each wrong somehow.......
>Renee (who's still searching for a COMPETENT pump supplies supplier!)
>Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 09:14:51 -0600
>From: "Bonnie  RICHARDSON" <email @ redacted>
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Minimed service...
>Sender: email @ redacted
>I used to order from Home Medical Supply and had nothing but great
>service - they took good care of me and my supplies when i went on the
>pump in October of 1996.  Then last summer Minimed bought them out and
>I have had nothing but trouble.   I am giving them one last chance
>when I order my last order of the year on December 18.  They wrote and
>said you have to order one month in advance of your needs and for year
>end order it must be two weeks in advance to be considered ordered
>before the first of the year - (deductible has been met)!!  I will
>place my large order (3 month supply) and call them every week to be
>sure they have it down, I will get the person's name and extension and
>write down the date and time I talk to them every time.  If I do not
>get satisfactory results this time (and I have not the last two
>orders) I will find a new supplier.
>I hope there is a  Minimed Rep reading this list.
>Anyone got a suggestion for a new supplier who bills your insurance
>and then sends you a bill for the rest and who also lets you make
>Bonnie Richardson
> Huntsville, AL
>256-922-1512, ext 1805
>I have been on the list since August, thanks to my friend Vince
>and this is my first post.
>I want to know how others feels about ordering supplies from MiniMed?
>have ordered one thing and still haven't gotten the other part to
>In October I ordered a white thigh pouch for my step daughter's
>I tried to wear it a week before to make sure it would work.  Got
>work and it was below my knee.  Just couldn't figure out how to keep
>up.  No instructions came.  Didn't take long for me to figure  out
> [...]

-- END included message