[IP] Re: Sofset problem

< ------------------------------
< Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:27:35 EST
< From: email @ redacted
< Subject: [IP] Re: Sofset problem

< I have a new pumper who seems to have a problem keeping her Sofsets in
< It seems that the set creeps back out of the skin after insertion.  We
< tried Hypafix, Skin Prep,  and "sandwiched" between a Polyskin and the IV
< 2000. She has no options on using other sets as Medicaid only approves the
< Sofset without the Quick Release. We may have to switch to the needle
< but she is a Mom of an active 2 year old, and the possibility of getting
< needle site bumped is something to contend with. Any suggestions from the
< group would be greatly appreciated.
< Barbara B.

I assume the SoftSet is coming loose because the tape on top (the one with
the hole in the middle) is not sticking well to her skin. I use IV Prep
before insertion, which makes the skin sticky. I don't have any more
problems with loose tape.

This message has been generated by MIMEsweeper and certifies that
the  message and  attachments have  been swept  for all known and
recorded computer viruses.