[IP] Re: Sofset problem

< ------------------------------
< Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:27:35 EST
< From: email @ redacted
< Subject: [IP] Re: Sofset problem

< I have a new pumper who seems to have a problem keeping her Sofsets in
place.
< It seems that the set creeps back out of the skin after insertion.  We
have
< tried Hypafix, Skin Prep,  and "sandwiched" between a Polyskin and the IV
< 2000. She has no options on using other sets as Medicaid only approves the
< Sofset without the Quick Release. We may have to switch to the needle
sets,
< but she is a Mom of an active 2 year old, and the possibility of getting
the
< needle site bumped is something to contend with. Any suggestions from the
< group would be greatly appreciated.
< Barbara B.

I assume the SoftSet is coming loose because the tape on top (the one with
the hole in the middle) is not sticking well to her skin. I use IV Prep
before insertion, which makes the skin sticky. I don't have any more
problems with loose tape.

Ali

-------
This message has been generated by MIMEsweeper and certifies that
the  message and  attachments have  been swept  for all known and
recorded computer viruses.