[IP] Attention Europeans--stock market question

To anyone who might know,  I have been very pleased with my Minimed stock and
its ever upward movement.  However, I wear a Disetronic so I asked my broker
about D stock.  D stock was like $2500/share.  Wow!  Would someone explain
this to me.  Why is it so high?  Is the dollar that worthless in Europe or is
the stock market there very different than here?  Just curious.  ellen