Re: [IP] Kinds of Pumps?

Sam Skopp wrote:
> As far as I know there are no implantable insulin pumps available in the
> US. There is, however, an implantable blood glucose meter that is being
> developed by MiniMed. I don't know what the time frame is, but I've heard
> it's in the late stages of human trials right now.

Not quite, Sam. The new meter willbe very much like your pump and infusion set,
with a sensor pushed through the skin and used for several days, then replaced.
technology hasn't yet gotten past the problem of putting a sensor into the body
that won't be attecked by our bodies or surrounded by scar tissue, inflamation
or infections.

Ted Quick