[IP] Minimed service...

I used to order from Home Medical Supply and had nothing but great
service - they took good care of me and my supplies when i went on the
pump in October of 1996.  Then last summer Minimed bought them out and
I have had nothing but trouble.   I am giving them one last chance
when I order my last order of the year on December 18.  They wrote and
said you have to order one month in advance of your needs and for year
end order it must be two weeks in advance to be considered ordered
before the first of the year - (deductible has been met)!!  I will
place my large order (3 month supply) and call them every week to be
sure they have it down, I will get the person's name and extension and
write down the date and time I talk to them every time.  If I do not
get satisfactory results this time (and I have not the last two
orders) I will find a new supplier.
I hope there is a  Minimed Rep reading this list.
Anyone got a suggestion for a new supplier who bills your insurance
and then sends you a bill for the rest and who also lets you make

Bonnie Richardson
 Huntsville, AL
256-922-1512, ext 1805

>>> Lynne Bensch <email @ redacted> 12/08 5:22 AM >>>
I have been on the list since August, thanks to my friend Vince
and this is my first post.

I want to know how others feels about ordering supplies from MiniMed?
have ordered one thing and still haven't gotten the other part to
In October I ordered a white thigh pouch for my step daughter's
I tried to wear it a week before to make sure it would work.  Got
work and it was below my knee.  Just couldn't figure out how to keep
up.  No instructions came.  Didn't take long for me to figure  out
was not going to work.  Call MiniMed.  Tell them my story and the
response was "Oh didn't we send you a clip".   "No, you didn't send
me a
clip".  "I will get one out to you tomorrow express".  Great, I
have it in time for the wedding that very same day on October 24th.
comes back to the phone to tell me that they have no clips.  They
all on back order (Why wasn't there a note saying that when I
the thigh pouch).

Called a month later and they still have NO clips for the thigh
(What is going on).

Last week someone from MiniMed calls and asks my husband what color
thigh pouch did I order (they have white or black).  My husband asks
they can't look that up on my order form.  Oh yes they could do
Dah!  Guess what. Still NO clip for the thigh pouch.

If you pumpers have to go through this every time you order
from MiniMed, I feel sorry for you.

Sorry for being so lengthy.   I love the pump and enjoy reading all
your posts.

Lynne Bensch
Saginaw, MI