Re: [IP] Will Not Use The Pump.

Sorry, but I have a real problem with these scare tactic messages:

> Dennis, I'm sorry your daughter decided not to go on the pump.  I know
> that's her decision, but please try to keep her under as tight a control
> (bg wise) as possible.  Perhaps she will not have the complications I
> have had (2 kidney transplants, heart attack, BKA of right leg, and
> more) ,and as she gets older she will probably get tired of 4 to 6 shots
> per day.  Good luck to both of you and keep us posted.
> Dave  (email @ redacted)

Possibly this is not your intent, but I don't think it's good for the parents
or the child.  I have had diabetes for 36 years and have few complications.
Again both my parents and myself have worked hard and I am very grateful.  But
I also had 16 years of diabetes with one shot a day, no blood glucose meter,
and no such thing as a pump.  Again I believe we need to be realistic but the
Pump is not necessarily the end all cure all.