[IP] Will Not Use The Pump.

IN>I thank all for your help and support with different pump issues.

IN>My 7 year old daughter has decided she will not use the pump.

IN>She said, she thought it was a good idea but when we got it she was
IN>scared, she was only going to use it to make me happy because she could
IN>tell I really wanted it for her. So we agreed that if she like to use it
IN>in the future she would let me know.

IN>In the long run with all the information I gathered.
IN>I found both pumps to be excellent!

IN>1. But I would of choose the Disetronic because of two pumps for the
IN>price of one.

IN>2. It being waterproof.

IN>3. The Disetronic representative planned on coming to my home to
IN>teach me about the pump and to let me use a new pump. (this request to
IN>MiniMed was declined).

IN>4. And the icing on the cake was a 20% reduction on the price.

IN>I did wear the MiniMed pump with Saline solution for 6 days. You all
IN>a burden to carry each day with this disease, even thought the pump
IN>makes it a lot easier. My heart goes out to you all and I wish you all
IN>the best and a cure soon.

IN>Dennis Cardone

IN>Diabetes Knowledge Web Site

IN>Insulin-Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/

Dennis, I'm sorry your daughter decided not to go on the pump.  I know
that's her decision, but please try to keep her under as tight a control
(bg wise) as possible.  Perhaps she will not have the complications I
have had (2 kidney transplants, heart attack, BKA of right leg, and
more) ,and as she gets older she will probably get tired of 4 to 6 shots
per day.  Good luck to both of you and keep us posted.

Dave  (email @ redacted)