Re: [IP] Kinds of Pumps?

David Ouimet wrote:
> I was reading there are 2 kinds of pumps. One is put inside the body and the
> other is connected on the outside.

Not exactly, at least not yet in the USA. The implantable pump hasn't yet
been allowed by the FDA for use here, though I understand it may be available
in Europe. Other problem with it is that since it's hard to refill they need
U500 a more concentrated inculin, which is having develpoment problems.

What do you think is the best way to go
> when getting on the pump, and how did you find the surgery if you had the
> insulin pump installed inside was.

The only people in the US that have had 1 installed were in a controlled study
with the Veteran's Administration (VA) Hospitals. There were many problems with
the passages getting clogged in many patients, which is a bit hard to clear.....

Ted Quick