Re: [IP] Kinds of Pumps?

Hi David --

> I was reading there are 2 kinds of pumps. One is put inside the body and the
> other is connected on the outside. What do you think is the best way to go
> when getting on the pump, and how did you find the surgery if you had the
> insulin pump installed inside was. Smile, I guess you were wondering why I
> used the word installed. Being on the Internet it just seemed to fit the
> bill!

I don't think  there are ( yet ) two *types* of pump ... there are two
*branks*.  MiniMed ( http://www.mimimed.com ) is most prevalent
in the US; and Disetronics ( http://www.disetronics.com ) in Europe.
My internist had never *heard* of Disetronics. 8-(  Of course, I may
be mistaken: there could be some "implantable" pump, at leat on the
horizon.  8-)

John ( mailto:email @ redacted )