Re: [IP] Re: more dunb questions...

These all sound like problems I've had too.  Neither humalog or regular
(velosulin) really works well -- my bgs bounce all the time and with the gastro
I do lots and lots of sharp severe lows (difference between the two insulins is
just when and how they hit).  Each insulin addresses different types and foods
and meals types better.  Each covers about 1/3 of the total meal situations
I've ever come up with pretty well if I do a good job on the calculating.

Having said that I should add that a combo of the two is miraculous.  It
combines all most all of the pluses of both V and H and mostly undoes the
minuses of both.   I still do have to watch out for large boluses and space out
meals with fat, lots of quantity, and even lots of protein but the mixture is
easier to hit on the nose than the H (which is doable but require testing every
10-20 minutes for hours after a meal or V which never seems to hit quite
exactly.  I also change the proportions of the mix for certain types of
situations -- i.e. running high I use less V, big meals and holiday food with
little activity, I bolus a little ahead of time and them use the higher V mix
spaced out over the course of a meal and past.  this was Michael's suggestion
and it really really works!